I think it’s about time to post a meatballs recipe; because everybody loves meatballs, am I right? Variations are endless as are the possibilities. These meatballs are Italian inspired and flavoured with sage and lemon. Cooking them in white wine and stock ensures a rich flavour and a perfect texture. To make a complete dish, you can serve them with a lemon and sage risotto and a side of rocket salad.
Makes about 10 balls
- 500 gr minced beef
- 30 gr paneermeel
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- Grated peel of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 25 gr Parmigiano Reggiano
- 200 ml hot beef stock
- 200 ml white wine
- Place all the ingredients, except the stock, wine and butter, in a foodprocessor and blitz together.
- Roll the mix into medium-sized meatballs (it will make about 10 balls).
- Heat the butter in a pan and sear the balls on all sides.
- Add the wine and allow to reduce by half.
- Pour the hot stock to the pan, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and let simmer until the meatballs are cooked but not dry.
- You can enjoy the balls warm or cold as a snack.