I’m not sure where I first tasted this combination, but I remember immediately falling in love with it: chicken, curry and basil. The first thing I did after that is go home and try it myself. It’s become a kind of a back-up recipe at home whenever I need something quick and good or I’m low on inspiration. The quickest way is to serve the chicken mix on bread; but you can easily discard the carbs and make it into a salad with some celery sticks and extra lettuce.
For 2 persons
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1,5 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chili pepper
- A handful basil
- Black pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- Cook the chicken the way you prefer: boil (with a pinch of salt, a couple of black peppercorns and a dash of vinegar, about 45 minutes), bake or grill. Cut in strips or shred with a fork.
- Roughly chop the basil and mix with the mayonnaise and the spices. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken to the mayo and mix well.
- Toast the slices of bread. Slice the tomatoes. Put a couple of rocket leaves on the bread, cover with the tomato slices and top with the chicken.
- Serve with some extra sambal of chili paste.