A simple, refreshing and surprisingly fragrant salad. Tarragon is a wonderful herb that adds a lovely anisy flavour to dishes. The combination of the sour/bitter from the grapefruit, creamy from the avocado and almost sweet of the tarragon is amazing! Not to mention the vibrant colours that add a great accent to your table.
- 2 pink grapefruits
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 sprigs tarragon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- White pepper
- Peel the grapefruit and remove the outer and inner skins. We need only the pink flesh. Try to keep the segments as whole as possible. Put in a bowl and squeeze all the juices from the skin.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone, peel and cut in cubes. Add to the bowl.
- Roughly chop the tarragon leaves.
- Add the tarragon and olive oil to the bowl and mix well.
- Adjust the season to your taste with salt and white pepper.