Salmon is one of the most flavoursome fish out there. Smoked, baked or grilled, it’s always makes a great dish. In general, fish combines beautifully with sour flavours. A pinch of lemon or lime juice brings out the flavour of the fish. This dish combines salmon with sour flavours but without lemons nor limes. The sour flavour comes from sumac en artichokes. The sauce with coriander and tomato brings some extra freshness to the plate and gives the dish extra depth. I’m totally in love with this recipe. It’s incredibly simple and is packed with flavour!
- 300 gr salmon filet
- 4 artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons sumac
- 2 tablespoons sesame
- 1 shallot
- 6 cherry tomatoes (of different colours)
- 4 sprigs coriander
- 75 ml olive oil
- For the sauce, peel and finely chop the shallot.
- Cut the tomatoes in small pieces and finely chop the coriander.
- In a bowl, combine the shallot, tomatoes, coriander and olive oil. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Cut the salmon in pieces of 3 cm. Thread them onto the skewers and brush them with oil. Cover on all sides with the sumac and sesame.
- Cut the artichokes in half and brush them with oil.
- Grill the skewers and artichokes, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve the skewers with the artichoke and a generous spoon of the sauce.