Are you as mad about sweet potatoes as I am? 😉 Then you should definitely give this recipe a try. Delicious wraps with back beans and aïoli. Easy, packing with flavour and very fulfilling. You can serve them with a side of spinach and bell pepper salad or some crushed walnuts or pecan nuts. Can’t get enough of sweet potatoes? Check these out: oven dish, curry and ceviche 🙂
500 gr sweet potato
265 gr canned black beans, drained
2 red onions
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Freshly ground black pepper
8 cheese slices
4 wraps or sandwiches
- Make a few cut in the potato, wrap it in aluminium foil and bake in the oven at 200ºC, about 35 minutes or until completely cooked. Once cooked, peel and cut into cubes.
- Peel and finely chop the onions.
- Heat a bit of oil in a frying pan and fry the onion until soft on medium heat.
- Add the beans, oregano and sweet potato and warm through.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and adjust the seasoning with the black pepper and some salt if needed.
- Serve with aïoli, warmed up wraps or sandwiches and cheese.
- If you want, melt the cheese on the wraps right before serving. If you’re using sandwiches, cut them open, spread some aïoli, scoop the sweet potato mixture top with the cheese and let melt under a grill.