Sometimes all you need is a simple, filling and tasteful dish without too much hassle. In such cases, I usually turn to oven dishes, especially the ones where combine most of ingredients all at once and bake! They are also perfect for sharing, especially if you’re cooking for a group, and I always find them comforting, like this one. Healthy and nutritious, packing with lovely flavours and easy to make.
For 2-3 persons
- 2 aubergines
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 250 gr kidney beans, canned, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 200 gr feta
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 150 ml water
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven at 200ºC. Peel the potatoes. Cut the aubergines and peeled potatoes in 2-3 cm pieces.
- Spread on a roasting tray, drizzle some olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for about 25 minutes, until cooked and tender.
- Once baked, keep the oven on and place the potatoes and aubergines in an oven dish. Top with the kidney beans and oregano.
- Dissolve the tomato paste in the water and pour over the beans.
- Crumble the feta and spread on top.
- Put back in the oven reduce the heat to 180ºC and bake about 20 minutes, until the feta starts to turn golden brown.
You can easily replace the kidney beans with types of beans (like edamame, black beans, cannellini beans, etc.) or lentils.