Sometimes all you need is a simple, filling and tasteful dish without too much hassle. In such cases, I usually turn to oven dishes, especially the ones where combine most of ingredients all at once and bake! They are also perfect for sharing, especially if you’re cooking for a group, and I always find them comforting, like this one. Healthy and nutritious, packing with lovely flavours and easy to make.
For 2-3 persons
- 2 aubergines
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 250 gr kidney beans, canned, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 200 gr feta
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 150 ml water
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven at 200ºC. Peel the potatoes. Cut the aubergines and peeled potatoes in 2-3 cm pieces.
- Spread on a roasting tray, drizzle some olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for about 25 minutes, until cooked and tender.
- Once baked, keep the oven on and place the potatoes and aubergines in an oven dish. Top with the kidney beans and oregano.
- Dissolve the tomato paste in the water and pour over the beans.
- Crumble the feta and spread on top.
- Put back in the oven reduce the heat to 180ºC and bake about 20 minutes, until the feta starts to turn golden brown.