Peruvians love their chilis and they plenty of them in different fragrances, colours and shapes. One of my favourites in Ají Amarillo or yellow chili. It has a lovely flavour and enough spiciness to give a good kick to dishes. Mery, a good peruvian friend of mine, always makes this simple (and almost too easy 😉 ) spread which combines two seemingly uncombinable ingredients: feta and chili. If you need a little something to nibble on or you want to surprise your friends with something different: this is it!
- 250 gr feta cheese (or similar white cheese)
- 1 tablespoon ají amarillo (or another type of chili paste)
- 4 celery sticks
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cucumber
- Crumble the feta in a bowl, add the chili paste and mix well until you get a smooth consistency and even colour.
- Cut the celery sticks and cucumber in 10 cm pieces.
- Cut the bell pepper in half, discard the seeds and slice lenthwise in 2 cm wide pieces.
- Serve and enjoy!