This is a no cook and only chop salad. Unless you’re cooking the beetroots yourself, that is. Quick, easy, healthy and simply delicious. I always like adding nuts to salads; they give it texture and some extra depth of flavour. If you can’t get your hands on some fennel, use a tablespoon of chopped fresh tarragon for that lovely anissy flavour. And you can crumble some good feta to go with it. Feta and beetroots are a match made in culinary heaven! For this version I’m keeping it dairy-free.
For 2 persons or for 4 as a side dish
- 2 cooked red beetroots
- 1 fennel, washed, hard inside removed
- 1 handful flat parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons crushed walnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the beetroots into small pieces.
- Thinly slice the fennel.
- Roughly chop de parsley.
- Combine all the ingredients in a salad bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.