I’m a big fan of olives. I practically grew up with olives, enjoying them simply with fresh Lebanese flat bread, or with labne, tomatoes, mint leaves on warm saj bread (very thin flat bread). Heaven! In the olden days, we used to gather at my aunt Nadet’s house, very early in the morning, and she would bake saj bread for the entire family. Some would bring some homemade yoghurt, some would bring some labne, zaatar with olive oil, fresh vegetables from the garden and of course: olives . Such sweet memories!
- 130 gr black Kalamata olives, drained and pitted
- 130 gr green Kalamata olives, drained and pitted
- 2 tablespoons pommegranat molasse
- 2 tablespoons crushed walnuts
- Drain the olives.
- Add the molasse and walnuts and mix well.