So this is probably the first recipe I post with only one ingredient. I wonder if you can still call it a recipe 😉 But that’s really besides the point because this is halloumi and halloumi is everything. It is a white, salty and firm cheese which is perfect for grilling in the oven or on your BBQ. You can also grate it, spread it on bread and melt it in the oven. I’m completely in love with this cheese and I always have some in the fridge. And I mainly make it as described below: bake it in the oven.
- 1 package of halloumi cheese
To go with
- Fresh mint leaves
- Black Kalamata olives
- (Lebanese flat) Bread
- Preheat the oven at 200ºC.
- Cut the the cheese in chunky cubes and place in an oven dish.
- Place the dish at the bottom of the oven and bake about 15 minutes.
- Switch the oven to the grill and place the dish right below it for another 5 minutes to get some extra colour.
- If you still have water in the dish, discard it and serve immediately with the veg and bread.