I’m a big fan of aubergine whether grilled, fried or roasted. In this salad it will be combined with wonderful Mediterranean flavours: mint, lemon, pomegranate. A simple recipe that will add colour to your table. Check out the vegan option at the end.
Difficulty <i class=”fa fa-leaf” aria-hidden=”true” style=”color:#BE1622;”></i><i class=”fa fa-leaf” aria-hidden=”true”></i><i class=”fa fa-leaf” aria-hidden=”true”></i><i class=”fa fa-leaf” aria-hidden=”true”></i><i class=”fa fa-leaf” aria-hidden=”true”></i>
- 2 aubergines
- Arugula (salad rocket)
- 100 ml yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 sprigs mint
- Extra mint leaves for garnish
- 2 to 3 tablespoons pomegranate
- Good quality olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven at 180ºC. Remove the top of the aubergines, quarter them and place on baking paper in a roasting tray. Roast them for about 20-25 minutes until nice and soft (check with a knife; if it goes in easily, they’re ready). Remove from the oven and let cool.
- For the sauce, mix the yoghurt and tahini well. Add the lemon juice, a pinch of salt and chopped mint leaves.
- Cut the aubergines in large chunks.
- In a large plate, place the arugula and top it with the aubergine chunks.
- Spread the sauce generously over them.
- Sprinkle the pomegranate, chopped mint leaves and freah round pepper.
- Finish off with a drizzle of olive oil and enjoy!