Dried pork meats usually combine well with sweet flavours due to their saltiness (like ham with melon). In this recipe, I add another classic strong ingredient: blue cheese. A wonderful marriage of flavours that makes a perfect starter for your meals or a small bite for cocktail parties. I use San Daniele ham (my favourite!) and Roquefort cheese, but feel free to use any other types you prefer.
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 50 gr roquefort
- 1 ripe pear
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 slices San Daniele ham
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper
- Peel the pear, remove the core and cut in 1 cm pieces.
- Melt the sugar in a pan. Add the pear and make sure the syrup coats them completely. Once it starts to turn light brown, remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl mix the crème fraîche and roquefort to make a smooth cream.
- Divide the roquefort cream among 4 serving glassing and top with the caramelised pear.
- Shred the ham slices and place on the pear.
- Finish the dish with a drizzle of olive oil and a bit of freshly ground black pepper.