This a wonderful quick lunch recipe that can be enjoyed warm or cold. The avocado mayonnaise has been a wonderful discovery! Easy to make and oh so delicious! And as with mayonnaise in general, you can customise as you like: make it spicy with some chili pepers or jalapeños, or make it fragrant with a bit of koriander or basil. You can also transform this dish into a salad with spinach and steamed broccoli.
For 2 persons
- 2 chicken breasts
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- 4 slices of whole wheat sourdough
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon mosterd
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 125 ml vegetable oil (sunflower or peanut)
- 125 ml olive oil
- 4 avocados
- A handful flat-leaf parsley
- Cut the chicken into strips, place in a bowl and combine with the oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Leave to marinate about 15 minutes.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the stone, scoop out the flesh and blend into a puree. In case it’s needed, pass through a sieve to remove any strings and get a smooth consistency.
- For the mayonnaise, put the egg, mosterd, garlic and lemon juice in a small container and pour the oils on top.
- Push a handheld blender all the way, start mixing and pulling the blender very slowly up.
- Roughly chop the parsley and add it to the avocado puree along with the mayonnaise and mix well with a spoon.
- Cut the cucumber into thin, long slices.
- Heat a pan. Sieve the chicken and bake until golden brown on both sides.
- Spread some avocado mayonnaise on the bread, cover with the cucumber slices and top with the warm chicken. Enjoy!