My husband and I are active couchsurfers and enjoy hosting travellers at our home. It feels a bit like holiday without going anywhere! Sometimes the couchsurfer you host is a professional cook who takes over the kitchen and delights us with a great meal. Like Kyle from Australia. He made this wonderful salad to go with the barbecued smoked sausages and mango chutney. It’s spicy, it’s fresh and it’s creamy. It’s just great!
For 4 persons as a side dish
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1 chili
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- A small handful coriander leaves
- Juice of one lime
- Cut the apples in half and remove the core. Slice them very thinly and place them in a salad bowl.
- Roughly chop the coriander leaves and add them to the apple.
- Cut the chili in half, remove the seeds and slice it thinly.
- Add the chili and the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix well. Enjoy!