Feel the wonderful warming sensation of this dish during a cold, stormy autumn evening. Lovely creamy pumpkin, sweet and tangy dried fruits, fragrant rice and roasted nuts. Just writing this down, makes my mouth water! So I’ll stop writing and let’s get cookin’!
For 2 persons
- 1 medium sized pumpkin or two small ones
- 200 gr white rice
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- 125 gr dried fruits: apricots, plums and raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 200 gr canned lentils, drained
- Salt and black pepper
- Almonds and pine nuts for garnish
- Preheat the oven at 180ºC. Cut the top of the pumpkin and scoop out the seeds and any stringy parts. Season the inside with salt put the top back on and roast for about 25 minutes, until nice and soft.
- In the meantime, make the rice. In a pan combine the rice, stock, fruits, black pepper and spices and cook the rice on medium heat until all the liquid has been absorbed, around 10 minutes, depending on the rice. Once cooked add the lentils, cover and leave to rest.
- In a frying pan, add the nuts and roast them golden brown and fragrant.
- When ready, remove the pumpkin from the oven and discard any liquid from inside. Fill it with the rice, and put the top back on.
- On a serving dish, place the stuffed pumpkin and surround it with the remaining rice.
- Slice generous wedges and sprinkle with the roasted nuts. Heaven on a plate!