Yes! Another vegetarian kibbeh recipe (check out the pumpkin and the avocado kibbehs)! This one is an Armenian version, 100% plant-based, spicy, healthy and freakin’ delish! I love me some red lentils: soups, dals, spreads… I love it all! This dish in no exception. The addition of the fresh parsley and spring onion is amazing and the sriracha sauce gives it a wonderful kick! It’s perfect to share and enrich your mezze table. Oh, and it’s very easy 🙂
- 400 gr red lentils
- 1 l vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons bell pepper paste
- 340 gr fine bulgur
- 4 onions
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 5 spring onions
- Sriracha sauce
- Cook the lentils in the vegetables stock, blend them into a puree and leave to cool.
- Peel and thinly slice the onions. Fry them in with a dash of oil until golden brown.
- Finely chop the parsley and spring onions (including the green tops).
- Add the bulgur, bell pepper paste, fried onion, parsley and spring onion to the lentil puree and mix them into a dough (it’s easiest with your hands). If needed, season with a bit of salt.
- Make a small ball in the palm of your hand and squeeze into a finger-shaped kibbeh.
- Serve the kibbeh with the sriracha sauce.
Ik ga het zeker proberen!
Leuk! En laat maar weten wat je ervan vindt 🙂