Making ice cream yourself might sound a bit daunting, but the truth is: it’s not that big of a deal. Even if you don’t have an ice cream machine (like me!), it’s a simple task. This recipe contains no dairy products and is based on coconut milk. A lovely vegan ice cream with endless variations!
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 75 ml maple syrup (you can substitute with honey)
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 8 ripe dates
- Unsalted roasted cashew nuts
- Pineapple, chopped into small cubes
- Optional: rum!
- Pour the milk and maple syrup in pan and put on medium heat. Once the mixture has become homogenous, add the desiccated coconut and chopped dates.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a large shallow container and let cool.
- Place the mixture in the freezer and whisk it every 30 minutes until it is the right consistency.
- When ready to serve, put some crushed nuts and cubed pineapple in small bowls or cups, top with a nice scoop of ice cream and drizzle some rum to finish.