I guess some translation is in order: quick Italian snacks, says the title. Please forgive me if my Italian is not correct. Blame it on Alessio 😉 Italians and their wide variety of meats are something to behold. Truly delicious! The variations I have included here are a quick and easy way of making something seriously good, looking great and making you wanting some more! So take a little trip to your nearest Italian shop and start exploring! Let the feast begin!
Difficulty <i class=”fa fa-leaf” aria-hidden=”true” style=”color:#BE1622;”></i><i class=”fa fa-leaf” aria-hidden=”true”></i><i class=”fa fa-leaf” aria-hidden=”true”></i><i class=”fa fa-leaf” aria-hidden=”true”></i><i class=”fa fa-leaf” aria-hidden=”true”></i>
For 4 persons
- San Daniel ham
- Truffle mortadella
- 4 Portobello mushroom
- 8 bread slices
- Parmigiano Reggiano
- 4 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- Rocket leaves
- Good quality olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and black peper
- Chop the shallot very finely; mix it with the mayonnaise and set aside.
- Toast the bread under a grill.
- Clean the portobellos with a cloth and remove the stem. Fill them with gorgonzola and place under the grill to melt the cheese.
- Peel the garlic clove and remove the top. Rub one side of the bread slices with the clove. Place slices of bresaola and top with a mixture of rocket, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt. Finish off with a bit Parmigiano Reggiano.
- On the other bread slices, spread some mayonnaise and top with the mortadella.
- Once the cheese is melted, remove the portobellos from under the grill and top with the San Daniel ham a drizzle of olive oil and some fresh ground pepper.