This is one of the simplest, quickest and tastiest recipes you’ll find on Olilo! The whole thing will be done in less than 15 minutes. Tuna is usually paired with asian flavours, like soy sauce and ginger, but here we’re going Italian! The combination with pesto is a match made in culinary heaven. The list of ingredients could be brought down to three items if you’re using ready-made pesto. I’d go for homemade, of course 😉 The perfect dish for an easy meal on a work day or as a main course for a lovely summer dinner.
Difficulty <i class=”fa fa-leaf” aria-hidden=”true” style=”color:#BE1622;”></i><i class=”fa fa-leaf” aria-hidden=”true”></i><i class=”fa fa-leaf” aria-hidden=”true”></i><i class=”fa fa-leaf” aria-hidden=”true”></i><i class=”fa fa-leaf” aria-hidden=”true”></i>
For 2 persons
- 2x 200 gr tuna steaks
- 200 gr broccolini
- 2 handfuls of basil leaves
- 2 tbs pine nuts
- Good quality olive oil
- A handful of grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt and pepper
- First make the pesto. Mix the basil leaves, crushed garlic clove, pine nuts and olive oil with a blender. Stir in the Parmegiano Reggiano and add some pepper to taste.
- In a steaming pan, place the broccolini and steam about 5 minutes, until cooked but still crunchy.
- In the meantime, heat a frying with some oil. Season the tuna steaks with a bit of salt and pepper. When the pan is really hot, grill the steaks for about 1 or 2 minutes on each side, depending on their thickness, until nice and brown.
- Spread on each plate a heaped tablespoon of pesto. Cut the tuna steaks in slices of about 5 mm and place them on the pesto. Remove the broccolini from the pan, season with a bit of salt, and plate them.
- Serve with some extra pesto on the side and enjoy!